Lockheed Martin Burlington VT ANG - Lead Systems Administrator Stf in South Burlington, Vermont
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Experienced Lead System Administrator for Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for the 158th Fighter Wing (ANG) Burlington, Vermont.
The System Administrator is responsible for providing the overall on-site maintenance and support of the system. The System Administrator serves as the primary point of contact for any questions or concerns raised by users.
Administrative responsibilities include updating/maintaining systems and software to the required ALIS baseline configuration in accordance with official ALIS program documentation. The system Administrator will perform backup and recovery and monitor system performance. In case of a security incident, the System Administrator assists Security in investigating the incident, assessing system impacts, and restoring the system to normal operation.
System Administrator will perform duties to include the following: Backup/Restore/Disaster Recovery, Hardware/System Monitoring, System/Software/User Maintenance.
This is a deployable position.
Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs. Position may require the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment and is subject to all applicable U.S. Government requirements.
Successful candidate must be capable of passing basic medical, dental and overseas screening requirements and must maintain their medical fitness for this position as a condition of employment.
The selected applicant selected may be required to work at deployed locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week.
Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last five (5) years.
Candidates Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
Position requires the following:
1) Demonstrated team and technical leadership skills
2) Strong systems & software engineering and/or system administration process background
3) Extensive System Administrator experience
4) Excellent communication & verbal skills
5) Self Starter & the ability to multitask
6) Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
7) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700-1600, 1000-1900, and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
8) Travel outside the local region is possible and may include USAF bases CONUS and OCONUS and other possibly austere locations in support of requirements..
9) Must be able to obtain and retain DoD IAT Level II certification.
Highly desired qualifications:
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Base Leadership (e.g. Officers and management)
2) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
3) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include ALIS hardware and software.
4) Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
a) Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Storage Area Network (SAN), logical unit number (LUN) and host bus adapter (HBA) Hardware
b) Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Internet Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (Routing, Fail Over, etc)
c) Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) and supported protocols
d) Engineering skills required for maintaining Enterprise Server Racks
e) Strong Working knowledge of SSL/VPN security architecture with integration into multi-layered Firewall architecture
f) Ability to work with EMC storage configuration tools (Navisphere)
g) Work with MS Server 2012 Hypervisor
h) Understanding of Network Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model Layers.
i) Backups of Physical servers as well as Windows 2012 virtual machines
j) Disaster recovery/restores
k) Hardware/System Monitoring of physical and virtual servers
l) System Maintenance - scheduled upgrades/maintenance, orderly startup and shutdown of rack components
m) Software Maintenance – applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates
n) User Account Maintenance (Active Directory)
7) COTS/developed software skills
8) Software Engineering background and experience
9) Integration & Test experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.