Lockheed Martin Assoc. Software Engineer, Scientific Programming, Springfield, Alexandria, VA in Springfield, Virginia
Description: The CSCF program utilizes leading edge super computer and high-performance compute infrastructure to support the R&D User Community.
The Software Engineer is part of the 4-5 person Technical User System (TUS) team that will be performing programming in one of the following programming languages: C, C++ or FORTRAN. The Software Engineer must have a basic understanding or background in either basic mathematics, basic physics or scientific thinking is a plus. Will gain knowledge in HPC architectures and current understanding of HPC vendor directions are important is also a plus. Excellent communications skills are also critical to job performance.
The Software Engineer responsibilities:
• Provide design and implementation in the development of computer applications for the R&D User Community that will develop software to execute mathematical algorithms, problem simulations/models, and engineering packages on high performance computer platforms such as Cray, SGI, Compaq, SUN.
• Perform code conversion, code optimization, and code development using FORTRAN, C++ and/or C programming languages. Shell scripting, and other UNIX knowledge is a plus.
• Identify and correct program errors, prepare operating instruction manuals for user applications and codes, compile documentation of program development via Bugzilla, and analyze system capabilities to resolve user and customer challenges and problems, requirements, code maintenance techniques and deployment.
Must have a current TS/SCI with the ability to gain a poly.
• Knowledge of or experience in developing software in either FORTRAN, C, C++ or similar languages
• Strong Software Coding, Development and implementation skills
• Ability to acquire TS/SCI w/ Poly prior to start.
• Knowledge of or experience in Algorithm Development or Simulation and Modeling Experience or Scientific Programming
• Familiar key principle aspects of software development areas: Threading, Parallelization, and/or code optimization.
• Knowledge Linux or Unix or SELinux Knowledge, Experience with Korn/Bourne Shell Scripting
Educational background in Math and or Physics
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.