Lockheed Martin HR Business Partner in Stratford, Connecticut
Description: Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced helicopters for commercial, industrial and military uses. Sikorsky helicopters are used by all five branches of the United States armed forces, along with military services and commercial operators in more than 40 nations.
The successful candidate will partner with the Product Operations team to align HR objectives and initiatives to the business needs within Product Operations. The candidate will be an integral part of the aforementioned team and will be instrumental in executing key HR deliverables such as talent acquisition and development, employee engagement and retention, diversity, salary planning, and organizational design.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Provide strategic and tactical HR support to the Salaried
• Create and drive programs to increase employee engagement and retention.
• Lead and facilitate change initiatives through the use of HR consultation skills. Advice and counsel managers on a variety of topics to optimize employee engagement, team development, and organizational effectiveness.
• Counsel Managers and employees on HR procedures, performance, and career planning.
• Effectively execute HR processes including talent acquisition and development, Performance Management, diversity, and compensation programs.
• Partner with employment counsel as appropriate to objectively assess and bring employee relations issues to resolution.
• Coach and train leaders on how to effectively manage employees
• Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience supporting executive-level clients
- Knowledge of human resource practices and policies, and applicable state and federal laws.
- A minimum of 8 years of HR experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle proprietary and confidential material appropriately.
- Well-developed decision-making, prioritization, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skill across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills.
- Ability to foster change and promote and implement improvement and effectively work in a matrix organization.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in a manufacturing facility is preferred
• strong analytic skills
• excellent communication both written and verbal
• ability to create an inclusive environment
• experience working with employees at all levels of the organization
• proven experience in change management
• Self –starter with a strong ability to work independently in a highly matrixed environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.