Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Engrg Asc Mgr in Stratford, Connecticut
Description: Lead Manufacturing Engineer to provide oversight to a team consisting of salary and contractors on operating within the Connecticut Assembly & Flight Operations Executive Aircraft Center, ensuring aircraft and components are completed according to blueprint requirements, and delivered to the customer in a timely manner. Must be able to work in a union environment and ensure accurate and thorough communications with key internal customers and employees. This role will function as the single point of contact for mechanical, issues that pertain to all VH aircraft build-up. Additionally, this position will require support of Owego and travel is required. Will be required to become Yankee White Clearance and flight safety approver in order to support AOS and removal level 3 approver. Take a leadership role for all cost initiatives within the center as well as reducing SRR/AR.
BA/BS degree w/7+ years’ of relevant experience in aerospace industry, or High School diploma w/10+ years’ of relevant experience in aerospace industry
• Lead an engineering team to deliver the product to the customer in accordance with cost, schedule, quality and technical performance requirements as agreed to by contract.
• Ensure that the technical issues are resolved prior to delivery or aircraft in a manner that fully satisfies customer.
• Responsible for managing all engineering cost projects in support of reducing direct labor as well as SRR and AR
• Oversee technical efforts and be going between Operations and Core engineering to ensure all technical issue brought to full resolution in timely manner.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for all final assembly technical inquiries.
• Develop, review and approve all assembly operation sheets required to perform aircraft build up and flight operations.
• Lead DRT team to ensure COPQ is under control
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.