Lockheed Martin Field Engineer / Integration & Simulation / Suffolk, VA in Suffolk, Virginia
Description: The Field Engineer position will provide direct operational support to the Lockheed Martin Center for Innovation (CFI) located in Suffolk, VA as a member of the Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) Engineering Team. This team provides the engineering/M&S technical support and expertise required to execute the CFI mission.
Specific tasking and responsibilities are determined by CFI operations and may include:
• Technical analyses to support the design, installation, integration, sustainment, maintenance, and operation of devices and systems/subsystems supporting the CFI.
• Troubleshooting technical problems and issues, determining technical solutions, reconfiguring systems, networks and configurations from technical documentation to meet changing requirements and maintain a configuration managed baseline.
• Installing components and assemblies into chassis, racks, cabinets, workstations, and other required locations.
• Installing, repairing, and performing modification and maintenance of computers, software, simulation systems and networks.
• Developing, performing, conducting, and documenting preventive maintenance checks/actions required for supported devices, networks and associated subsystems.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline.
• DoD Secret Security Clearance.
• Experience in conducting technical analyses to support design, installation, integration, sustainment, maintenance, and operation of devices and systems/subsystems to meet customer requirements.
• Experience in determining solutions for technical problems and issues to include reconfiguring systems, networks and configurations.
• Experience in developing technical documentation to satisfy changing requirements and maintain configuration managed baseline.
• Experience in installing, repairing and performing modification and maintenance of computers, software, systems and networks.
• Experience installing components and assemblies into chassis, racks, cabinets, and workstations.
• Experience developing, conducting and documenting preventative maintenance checks and actions.
• Experience with Unix/Linux or Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft products.
• Ability to coordinate and lead projects / initiatives across multiple functional areas and diverse personnel
• Experience in a modeling & simulation, VR/AR technologies and/or complex IT and AV environment(s) with software and hardware anomaly identification/resolution (experience with specific systems installed at the CFI is a plus).
• Knowledge of network design, implementation, troubleshooting and repair to include simulation network protocols.
• Experience with configuration of virtualization technology/virtual environments, VMWare.
• Experience with Camtasia, VnMatrix, Mac iOS, CAD, and/or MS Visio is a plus.
• Experience configuring, installing and maintaining customer M&S systems and software is a plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.