Lockheed Martin ASIC & FPGA Design Architecture Manager in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Location: Littleton, CO or Sunnyvale, CA
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
You will be a functional Electronics Engineering leader for Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) architects. Through insight and oversight, guide subject matter experts through architecture design and verification activities for ASIC & FPGA group.
Participate in the following for ASIC & FPGA activities:
• ASIC & FPGA scoping and sizing functions as required to support programs and early phase development
• Ensures program requirements, schedules, and budgets are met by ASIC and FPGA architects
• Support proposals as required
• You will be responsible for advocating and directing the ASIC/FPGA architecture team to incorporate best practices and deliver technically optimum products.
There will be occasional special assignments that may include task force participation or leading them. Examples are problem/issue identification, leading independent reviews and or failure investigation teams.
You represent LM as major technical point of contact and subject matter expert: interfacing with internal and external customers and suppliers in area of ASIC and FPGA architecture development. Central Engineering tasks will constitute 5%-10% of time with the majority effort supporting our Lines of Business (LOB) and programs directly.
You will ensure the ASIC & FPGA architecture team is adequately staffed and trained in order to support organizational technical needs. Also, you will work with LOBs and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to define, allocate, and track staffing for ASIC & FPGA architecture team.
Identify and propagate design technology selection and best-practices, ensure technical domain expertise of the entire team, drive process and tool development and deployment, resolve critical technical issues, support new business initiatives, ensure standard technical processes are in use on all programs.
* This position requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• ASIC/FPGA design experience
• Project/program or functional leadership role
• Architecture definition of ASICs/FPGAs for variety of applications
Knowledge of space-grade/qualified FPGAs and ASICs
• Knowledge of digital design, development, and simulation
• Experience interfacing with external FPGA and/or ASIC vendors through full product lifecycle
• Experience working with ASIC/FPGA Electronic Design Automation (EDA) vendors in tool selection and production use
• FPGA engineering process improvement activities
• Knowledge of Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) design and development processes
- Knowledge of Avionics systems
• Model Based Engineering (MBE) and or Model Based Systems design (MBSD)
• Metrics collection, analysis, and reporting to senior leadership
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.