Lockheed Martin Associate Manager, Data Fusion Insights & Cognitive Solutions in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Lockheed Martin Space has embarked on a transformational journey – destination the future. The Digital Tapestry is Lockheed Martin’s path to the future with its interconnected environment where data becomes information and information drives decisions that create value across the entire lifecycle. To help us along this journey Space is seeking a Data Fusion Insights & Cognitive Solutions Associate Manager. We’re looking for someone with passion and enthusiasm in systems integration, data management, data integration, data exploitation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, data fusion and project management!
The Data Fusion Insights & Cognitive Solutions technical area of Digital Tapestry centers around identifying major business problems and associated data and combining those data sources to derive insights and implement a solution. The Data Fusion Insights & Cognitive Solutions Associate Manager should have special expertise in treating data as a product, leveraging data, data manipulation, and data exploitation. It includes identification of data gaps, the evaluation and classification of data sources (what exists and what’s needed), identifying solution space based on business program root cause, collecting and fusing data sources together to identify optimal solution spaces, and deploying solutions to improve business execution. This includes enterprise business operations data, supplier data and customer data. It also includes a special focus on leveraging the fusion of business data to identify opportunities to apply advanced cognitive solutions to better enhance capabilities to support business execution.
The Associate Manager:
- Provides the technical team leadership for the Data Fusion Insights, Supplier Intelligence, Customer Insights, Supply Control Tower, AiMLabs, and Cognitive Solutions for business application domains
- Drives the vision, strategy, portfolio management, and team leadership for the Data Fusion Insights & Cognitive Solutions technology area
- Works in partnership with the Data Fusion Insights & Cognitive Solutions Chief Engineer to deliver a vision, strategy, technical solution architecture, and implementation of capabilities into the LM Space business
- Drives the project execution and management of Data Fusion Insights & Cognitive Solutions focused projects
- Works in collaboration with other LM Space subject matter experts, users, organizations and transition partners to ensure a complete and integrated approach is established in the business
- Serves as focal point for the development and communication of the solution architecture working in direct collaboration with the Data Fusion Insights & Cognitive Solutions Chief Engineer
- Works closely with the Corporate Future Enterprise Program (FEP) Emerging Technology directorate, particularly the Cognitive Solutions team, to align the advanced research and development required to mature the overall FEP Enterprise Architecture
- Provides strategic guidance to FEP on enterprise solutions in support of cross business area data fusion and cognitive solution implementations that enable engineering, operations, sustainment, supply chain and business operations
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree (e.g. Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or related/equivalent discipline
- 4+ years of experience as a team lead or technology project or program manager
- Driving efficiencies in programs, managing program execution, and engaging customers and defining customer needs
- Project management, product life cycle management, or customer engagement
- Demonstrated experience successfully operating in large, distributed organizations
- Familiar with corporate and/or industry data management and data integration practices and policies
- Cross functional collaboration – works well with all disciplines across the product lifecycle
- Project management skills including cost, schedule, technical and stakeholder management
- Excellent computer skills (e.g. MS Office Suite)
- Master’s or advanced degree (e.g. Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or related/equivalent discipline
- Firm understanding of the various Space business models and customers, core Space software tools, Space business processes, and insight into emerging industry standards and technology related to data fusion, data exploitations, and cognitive systems
- Lean or six sigma experience (green or black belt certified where applicable)
- Familiar with product lifecycle, business processes, systems and data architectures
- Change agent – ability to drive for change including technical, cultural and organizational
- Persistence – maintain focus on goals even when faced with resistance or changing landscapes
- IT system development and deployment
- Experience working across Lockheed Martin business areas, Corporate and Enterprise IT
- Previous experience as technology program manager, principal investigator, integration lead or IT project manager, with teams mostly comprised of experts supporting part time along with other duties
- Previous support to Space Digital Tapestry or FEP teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to lead effective teams
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Record of proven success
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.