Lockheed Martin Electro-Optical Engineer, Stf in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Lockheed Martin Optical Payload Center of Excellence (OPCoE) is seeking a
candidate to lead the optical development and test activities of
directed energy systems.
In this role, the candidate should be comfortable testing advanced optical systems in lab and field test setting, communicating status with key internal and external stakeholders, and leading optical subsystem development, integration and test activities.
Specific duties include:
- Operate an advanced directed energy system with a focus on the optical subsystem.
- Assemble, integrate, and test optical subsystems suitable for directed energy
- Collect and analyze system test data
- Troubleshoot electro-optic issues arising from developmental and field
- Prepare parts specifications and evaluate vendor offerings
- Prepare contributions to briefings and reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Interface with a high-performing, multi-disciplinary team
- Support other system testing as required
Desired Skills: - Master's or PhD in math, physics or engineering
- Demonstrated experience with high power laser system operation and alignment
- Demonstrated laser system field test experience
- Experience with laser radar systems
- Experience with adaptive optics
- Demonstrated leadership of a multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Exceptional communication abilities
- Bachelor's in math, physics or engineering
- Experience with laser system operation and alignment, including continuous-wave and pulsed lasers
- Experience with imaging camera systems
- Experience with optical cleaning methods and techniques
- Experience with optical coatings
- Experience working with vendors to procure optical components
- Experience with standard electro-optic test equipment, including power meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, spectrum analyzers, etc
- Ability to communicate effectively with a multi-disciplinary team
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.