Lockheed Martin Facilities Project Representative (early career) in Sunnyvale, California
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space in Sunnyvale, CA has an immediate opportunity for a(n) early career Facilities Project Representative who wants to be part of this mission. If you have an interest in all things space and an interest in working for a company that will put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, or that develop national defense systems, come and be a part of our Facilities team. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your Facilities Project skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
In this exciting role for Lockheed Martin Space, you will work on projects that will vary from low complexity projects to higher, more complex, technical specialized laboratories and unique testing chambers.
Responsibilities will include:
• Plan, direct, and manage all phases of construction projects from initiation of design concepts through design, implementation, and closeout
• Ensure project requirements are defined, contract and contract changes are negotiated, operating budgets established, and financial terms/conditions of contract are identified
• Act as primary contact for facility project activities and be responsible for multiple concurrent project logistics & leadership, communication, reviews of cost, schedule and technical performance
• Establish schedule milestones and monitor adherence to master plans, standards, construction specifications, budgets, and schedules
• Identify problems, status and develop solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing project scope assessment
• Represent Facilities organization and provide coordination with internal staff, external subcontractors, telecommunications, and other Space customer lines of business
• Frequently interface with senior management on significant decision making or status
Our employees working in this level of position typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree with 3 years of professional job relevant experience or 1 years with a Masters degree or equivalent job experience
• Experience managing project financial budgets and scheduling milestones related to project management ranging from one thousand dollars to $5 million
• Ability to prioritize projects and related organizational direction and budget standard guidelines
• Ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems, recommend or lead operational change as technical leader, or assist other peers
• Must be a US Citizen
• Ability to obtain Secret security clearance
• Project Engineering background highly desired
• Ability to motivate team building and demonstrate excellent interpersonal customer skills, time management, and organizational strength
• Construction background including managing and negotiating with architectural & engineering firms, general contractors, and subcontractors
• Understanding of FileMakerPro.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.