Lockheed Martin Guidance, Navigation, and Control Engineer Asc in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Part of a small team performing Internal Research and Development of new technologies in the area of missile defense and hypersonics. Research areas include target discrimination, tracking, guidance and control (G&C), trajectory optimization, simulation, and operational software architectures for missile interceptor systems. Development of high-fidelity 6-degree-of-freedom simulations, trajectory design techniques, new guidance and control algorithms, time domain and frequency domain analysis tools, control system design, optimization tools and techniques, and operational software. Performing trade studies and communicating important results to leadership. Collaboration across disciplines, programs, and Lockheed Martin business areas.
Requires a BS degree and/or MS degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline. Must have broad technical skills including rigid body dynamics and computer programming. Must be capable of domestic travel and must hold an active DoD Secret clearance or higher. Demonstrated experience using MATLAB and/or Simulink for simulations, analysis of feedback control systems, closed loop guidance, or navigation algorithms.
- Experience with simulation and physics-based modeling
- Experience with model based software development using Simulink (autocoding) and MATLAB
- Experience with software development in C/C++ or FORTRAN
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project).
- Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members.
- Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors and customers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
4 yr and up College