Lockheed Martin High Energy Laser Beam Control Tracking Specialist in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Sunnyvale, California :
The incumbent will serve as a subject matter expert and responsible engineer in the field of electro-optical tracking and image processing for LM-Space's high energy laser (HEL) programs and pursuits. The incumbent will analyze, design, and develop systems and algorithms for the extraction of tracking, feature, and pose information from HEL targets against a wide range of background conditions spanning land, sea, air, and space. Working in both the passive and active electro-optical domains, the incumbent will apply current and emerging engineering practice and investigate new approaches to render product solutions in HEL target acquisition, tracking, pointing, aimpoint selection-and-maintenance, and kill assessment. Technologies applied include: remote sensing; detection and estimation theories; morphological processing; pose estimation; neural networks; and implementation of signal processing within advanced computer architectures. The incumbent may coordinate interdepartmental activities and research efforts. The incumbent may participate in intellectual property evaluations and development of patent applications.
Keyword\\Phrases Include :
Electro-Optics, Photonics, Directed Energy, Laser, Beam Control, Fourier Optics, MATLAB, Algorithms, Tracking, Phenomenology
• BS in an engineering discipline, Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics
• Working familiarity with High Energy Laser systems
• Solid understanding of multiple optical image phenomenology and modalities such as passive visible EO imaging, imaging and non-imaging IR, hyperspectral and hypertemporal imaging, and LIDAR
• Experience with image calibration, formation, and exploitation
• Experience in algorithm science, research, and development and transition from laboratory prototype to fieldable solutions;
• Emerging subject matter expert in the simulation, processing, and characteristics of EO systems.
• Experience developing and implementing solutions in C++, Python, or Matlab
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or an Engineering degree
• Hands-on experience with High Energy Laser systems development
• Understanding of the full range of ISR techniques and background across multiple sensor platforms (EO, IR, RADAR).
• Highly experienced in algorithm prototyping using Python, Matlab and C++
• Experience developing and implementing change detection, 3D reconstruction, video moving object detection, tracking algorithms (e.g., ATR), Computer VisIon and Machine Learning.
• Documentation of algorithms.
• Experience with high altitude air and space platforms for DoD applications.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.