Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer Asc - Structures in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Mechanical Engineer for the Remote Sensing Structures, Thermal Hardware & Integration Products teams.
The candidate will be responsible for the design of flight hardware through the full product life-cycle (Design, Build, Test and Integrate), including spacecraft structures, mechanisms, thermal products and/or mechanical integration. Specific tasks and responsibilities include the following.
• Generate/update solid models using ProE/CREO, create/revise detailed drawings and release engineering work products in EPDM
• Review requirements from various sources (dynamics, stress, systems, thermal, manufacturing, etc.), and ensure that applicable requirements are flowed into the detailed design of the products
• Must be able to work effectively in an integrated product team environment
• Must collaborate effectively with program leadership, technical leadership, subject matter experts, peers, analysis, configuration control, procurement, planning and production to ensure technical requirements, cost objectives, and program schedules are met.
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain TS/SCI government security clearance
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• Proven understanding of structures, mechanisms, materials and processes
• Mechanical design, manufacturing and integration knowledge
• Proficient with Computer Aided Design (CAD) modeling and drafting with working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and documentation
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Fundamental understanding of other disciplines including stress, dynamics, thermal analysis, production, electronics, systems engineering, etc.
• Creo and CAD data management (EPDM) experience
• Flight hardware experience
• Using CAD model as record of authority (Data Set Rating 4 and/or 6) experience
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin specifications/tools/procedures
• Knowledge of composite structure design and fabrication
• Experience with test methods, planning and execution
• Additive manufacturing experience
• Experience working with other LM operating units
• Hands-on hardware experience
• Experience working with suppliers
• Active TS/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.