Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer - Thermal Products in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Mechanical Engineer for Special Programs Remote Sensing Structures, Thermal Hardware, & Integration Product teams.
The candidate will work closely with the Remote Sensing Structures, Thermal Hardware, and Thermal Products Manager/Control Account Manager (CAM) and Subsystem Certified Product Engineer (CPE) to build and lead the mechanical design team through design updates, manufacturing, integration, and test of critical spacecraft hardware. Primary responsibility will be component/subsystem specification verification, integration of new designs during manufacturing, and developing/releasing detailed engineering using CREO and EPDM10, supporting in-house production, procurement, outside suppliers, and Assembly, Test, Logistics and Operations (ATLO). Additional responsibilities will include supporting Thermal Hardware CPEs with design updates and integration troubleshooting, communication with customers and program management, and driving the development and production of hardware within cost and schedule constraints. Support will be on P321 and proposal effort for the remote sensing line of business.
• Able to obtain and maintain TS/SCI government security clearance
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an integrated product team environment
• Fundamental understanding of spacecraft structures, mechanisms, thermal products, materials and processes
• Basic understanding of spacecraft flight hardware design, manufacture, test and integration
• Capability to drive hardware production activities through delivery to the program
• Proficient with CAD modeling, drafting and release in Creo with working knowledge of ASME Y14.5
• Proven excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field + related experience, or MS
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and documentation including SAP, Q-notes, test procedures, machining, etc.
• Experience working with procurement and outside suppliers, including Product Acceptance Instructions (PAIs), Vendor Request for Information or Change (VRICs), source inspection, etc.
• Working knowledge of EPDM or equivalent
• Data Set Rating 4 and/or 6 experience
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin specifications/tools/procedures
• Subcontract management skills
• Knowledge of composite structure design and fabrication
• Experience with test methods, planning and execution
• Additive manufacturing experience
• Ability to work effectively with Program, Engineering and other Functional Organizations
• Demonstrated knowledge of other disciplines including stress, dynamics, thermal analysis, production, Assembly Test Logistics and Operations (ATLO), electronics, systems engineering, etc.
• Demonstrated commitment to development and deployment of productivity improvements and leveraging new technologies
• Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
• MLI Blanket design experience
• Heat Pipe Fabrication Experience
• Certified Product Engineer (CPE) or equivalent experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.