Lockheed Martin Program Manager in Sunnyvale, California
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you ready for a challenging new leadership opportunity in 2019? Do you have a passion for mentoring and coaching a team? Do you have experience with contract negotiation? If you have a successful track record in technical project, budget and schedule management, this could be the opportunity for you. Our Strategic and Missile Planning team is seeking a highly motivated Program Manager in Sunnyvale, California for the Terminal High Altitude Air Defense (THAAD) Program. This is a multi-faceted and strategic role to shape future development requirements. Travel will be required as needed, approximately quarterly.
In this dynamic role you will:
• Oversee the technical planning and execution of the project.
• Manage the project budget and schedule
• Act as the primary liaison to the Customer, subcontractors, and suppliers.
• Lead staffing initiatives
• Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies.
• Partner with internal and external colleagues to support production, finance, planning, quality and engineering.
• Participate in the negotiation of contracts and contract changes.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Click here to learn more about our competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Demonstrated proven leadership skills and experience leading employees to perform productively and foster relationships in a cross-functional team environment
• Demonstrated ability to develop technical talent and build a technical pipeline to sustain technical expertise within the organization
• Experience managing a budget of $10M +
• Prior successful contract negotiation experience.
• Familiarity with Systems Engineering processes
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and retain DoD Secret Clearance.
• Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start.
• Experience managing a budget of $50M +
• Earned Value Management experience (EVM)
• Knowledge of missile defense systems
• Experience with major program reviews of a product development lifecycle (ie System Requirements Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, etc.)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.