Lockheed Martin Project Engineer Senior in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Project Lead for Communication Transponder (CT) Redesign product through a full lifecycle of development supporting the Avionics IPT within the THAAD Missile Development organization. Candidate will be the Control Account Manager (CAM) for each project assigned, and will be held responsible for meeting all requirements including integration of cost, schedule, and technical objectives. Candidate will be a primary liaison to the THAAD Project Office (TPO) and Missile Defense Agency (MDA) customer, subcontractor PMs, and LM management.
Responsibilities include: (1) lead execution effort as project manager and CAM including cost/schedule baseline creation and Program Planning Peer Review (PPPR), earned value management (EVM), oversight of technical team, ensuring timely subcontractor ATP, coordination with subcontractor managers, lead issue resolution activities as necessary, lead TIMs and formal design reviews, escalate risks to program ROMBs, and ensure timely component qualification to support THAAD production needs; (2) participate in obsolescence surveillance activities and review alert notices; (3) assist the New Business team in project planning, ROM preparation, and creation of vendor task statements; (4) support Proposal team with creation of project scope including specific tasks, schedule, and cost spreads, review / tech eval of subcontractor proposal, color teams, EPPs, prime negotiations, and acceptance of final offer; (5) assist Avionics IPT Manager in strategic activities such as affordability, staffing, mission success, spiral developments, process improvement, development of world class capabilities, competitive discriminators, next gen thought leadership, and operational excellence.
The position reports to the Interceptor Development Avionics IPT Manager, and is located at the LMSSC Sunnyvale, CA facility. Travel will be required approximately quarterly.
• At least one year of experience leading multi-functional teams, projects, or diverse supply chain
• At least one year of demonstrated ability to lead product development for an electronic assembly
• Experience with requirements definition and flowdown
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex issues with innovative solutions
• Experience with Systems Integration and Systems Engineering process
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and present information effectively to all stakeholders
• Experience with major program reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR, TRR)
• Experience with requirements verification
• THAAD knowledge/experience
• DOORS experience
• Experience as an effective Control Account Manager (CAM)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Basic knowledge of electrical design and firmware design guidelines
• Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) packages, including data uplink and downlink
• Experience with integrated hardware in the loop testing
• Demonstrated flight hardware, manufacturing, production, and/or integration experience
• Experience in proposal development and negotiations or other contracting activities
• Experience as liaison to external organizations including customers and subcontractors
• Highly organized, efficient, proactive, and self-motivated
• Ability to consistently deliver high quality results
• Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives
• Program management and/or tech leadership focused career path
• Knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense Systems (BMDS)
• Experience running trade studies for design option evaluation
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.