Lockheed Martin Security Representative in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Job Description :
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Security Representative will develop and administer security programs and procedures for classified or proprietary materials, documents, and equipment. In this role, you will:
- Study and implement government security regulations that apply to program operations.
- Obtain rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies.
- Prepare manuals outlining regulations, and establish procedures for handling, storing, and keeping records, and for granting personnel and visitor’s access to restricted records and materials.
- Conduct security education classes.
- Investigate security violations and prepare reports specifying preventive action to be taken.
- Hold weekly/monthly meetings with subcontractors to ensure they are kept up-to-date regarding program items/issues.
- Ensure subcontractors submit required annual documentation Standard Operating Procedures (SOP;s), Program Protection Plans (PPP) and the Integrated Security Assessment Program (ISAP) to the customer before the due date.
- Work with the CPSO regarding the annual customer hosted Program Security Working Group (PSWG) logistics which include the LM CPSO (Security PM), security rep, subcontractors, customers and guest speakers.
- Responsible for choosing the subcontractor to host the event each year for the customer.
- Visit subcontractors around the U.S. multiple times a year with the customer for site visits.
Other duties include:
- Back-up to the Security Program Manager and hardware shipment duties (CONOP's, Transportation Plans etc.).
- Perform everyday security duties such as, badging, visits (VisitLM and OVRs), handling walk-in customer issues and supporting all team members in the security office.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
Awareness of and desire to learn industrial security.
Willingness and ability to travel.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
Knowledge and experience with subcontractor security management oversight, to include preparation and distribution of DD Form 254, periodic and routine interaction with subcontractors to ensure compliance with government policies.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.