Lockheed Martin Senior Project Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to think big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking for an exciting new career opportunity in 2019? Do you have a strong systems engineering background within the aerospace industry? Do you have experience as a project lead? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our Military Space team in Sunnyvale, California is seeking a Senior Project Engineer for the Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) Next Generation Geo (NGG) Satellite program. This includes oversight and driving execution of Space Segment activities for program execution. These activities include (and are not limited to):
• Data product development and execution in support of major reviews (including driving peer review excellence and consistency)
• Driving execution of tasks from the IMS, including creating, managing, maintaining, and reporting on progress via supplemental schedules,
• Managing consistency and cross-pollination across the number of IPTs within the Space Segment to create quality artifacts that support the program-level business rhythm.
The position is badged directly to the Next Gen Geo (NGG) Space Segment Sr Manager.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package here.
• Bachelors degree in a technical or business discipline with 12-14 years of related experience
• Knowledge of program life-cycle and how early milestones may drive future costs
• Experience in Systems Engineering for aerospace hardware
• Experience in managing execution of aerospace electronics hardware development
• CAM and project lead experience
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• Experience in developing and managing execution of major program reviews
• Must be a United States citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
• Masters degree in a technical or business discipline
• Demonstrated experience in driving complex issues or problems to successful closure
• Desire to enhance Program Management skills including communication, the ability to deal with unforeseen challenges, and building strong relationships
• Strong problem solving, root cause, corrective action, and closure skills
• Lead discussions and determine resolutions to problems
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders & customers
• Accept responsibility, accountability and exercise authority to ensure cost, schedule, and technical success
• Support internal and external customer audits
• Previous Proposal, Basis of Estimate (BOE), & Negotiations experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.