Lockheed Martin Senior Proposal Manager in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Lockheed Martin Space is helping the future arrive through partnerships that raise the bar on global communications, weather forecasting, space exploration and national security. You will play a critical role in managing the proposals that win business for our next 100 years. Work for a company with the heritage, intelligence and resources that support the future of human space exploration, plays critical roles in defense, and keeps our world connected.
We’re looking for our next Proposal Manager in Sunnyvale, CA to join our Proposal Operations team. So, if the idea of working for Lockheed Martin Space where our renowned history and unmatched expertise sound like the right combination to grow your career, please read on!
This position provides the opportunity for an TS/SCI clearable Proposal Manager to join a team driven by strategic partnerships, deadlines and wins. When our Capture team identifies a qualified new business path, our Proposal Manager takes over in partnership with the Capture Manager to bring home the formal win. This means you are a key and visible player in LM Space’s future and space exploration.
The Proposal Manager is the fulcrum point of translating the capture opportunity into a proposal and award success. We engage with technical and executive experts to deliver the goods and thrive on the idea of exciting new opportunities, pulling it all together by the deadline and winning the opportunity for our team.
The Proposal Manager position leads or participates in the planning, scheduling, development and delivery of proposals. They oversee the compilation of technical, management, past performance, contract, cost and schedule elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications.
Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship required.
• Strong project management skills and the ability to deliver complex projects/proposals on time per customer defined due dates
• Detail oriented with the ability to ensure close compliance to RFP instructions and requirements
• Ability to lead multi-functional team (of non-direct reports)
• Ability to build team relationships and communicate well
• Willing to work extended hours as driven by proposal schedule demands
• Ability to travel as this position requires travel
• Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship required.
• Experienced in writing and/or editing proposal sections
• Four years proposal experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead proposals of varying sizes
• Leadership role (capture, proposal, program manager) in proposal activities
• Over seven years proposal experience in federal contracting market
• Experienced in multiple proposal types: competitive, sole source, and follow-on
• Led proposals with value over $500M
• Led proposals of team size greater than 75
• Experience in tailoring and delivery proposal-related training to proposal teams
• Has ability to participate and contribute to capture strategy
• Experienced in managing individual volumes for a larger proposal team
• Current SCI and/or DOD TS clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.