Lockheed Martin Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
• Lockheed Martin Space seeks a Software Engineer who will participate in design engineering, integration, and test lifecycle of tasks for the Data Distribution Services (DDS) program.
• You will work within a high performing program team which is expanding its footprint in software development and sustainment for deployed systems.
• You will Install, integrate, and test delivered custom and COTS software.
• You will handle software creation and modification to support defect resolution and introduction of new tools and capabilities.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. An active TS/SCI is required.
Occasional travel may be required to domestic and international locations.
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
∙ Paid time off
∙ Work/life balance
∙ Career development
∙ Mentorship opportunities
∙ Rewards & recognition
• 2 years of industry experience/combined education in software/engineering design
• OO Design/Programming
• Unit Testing and Integration
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Team player with strong interpersonal, communications and writing skills
• Concurrent Programming (multi-threaded)
• Mean Stack (Mongo DB, Express.js, Angular.js, Node.js)
• AWS Application design/development,
• Automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Cloud formation)
• DevOps tools (e.g. Jenkins, Chef, JIRA, GIT)
• Network Programming
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.