Lockheed Martin Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
Description: This position will support Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) Engineering Manufacturing Development (EMD), Follow-on Production Program (SFP), GEO 5/6 Modernization programs and Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) programs. The qualified candidate will be a member of the SBIRS SEIT Database team performing software design, development, unit test, software integration, test data generation, test plan documentation and formal qualification testing of software tools in support of the data transformation and validation of database inputs. Responsibilities also include database development, integration, test, validation, and database deployment into the Operational SBIRS System in addition to supporting Program data requirements and products for System Test. The candidate will be located in Sunnyvale CA and will be a member of the team responsible for production of all SBIRS Command and Telemetry Databases and multiple supporting products required for database deployment into the operational system. Additional Test and Integration duties will include supporting efforts to improve SBIRS DB Development and Deployment processes to CLS Sustainment Deliveries, SBIRS follow-on production and GEO 5/6 Modernization Efforts.
Considered experienced, but still a learner. Strong programming skills to develop maintainable code, test data, perform thorough unit testing, integration & regression testing.
Experience with any of the following programming languages: JAVA, C, C++, C#, SQL, Perl, or Python;
• Bachelors degree with 2 years of Software and Database experience with the SBIRS program working in Flight Software and or Database Development.
• Experience in Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Technical and Management Process, Technical Writing and SW Testing.
• Experience in Agile software development
• Experience developing data translation software. Software Qualification Testing experience with developing unit and functional tests preferred. SBIRS Database tools software experience would be a plus. Creating processes, requirements and support documentation.
• Familiarity with spacecraft subsystems, hardware, telemetry, command & control.
• Experience with following SW tools: JTrans, STSS, ClearCase & ClearQuest, Github or SVN.
• Experience with any of the following programming languages: JAVA, C, C++, C#, SQL, Perl, or Python, ClearCase or equivalent SW CM Tool
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Minimum GPA of 3.5 preferred.
• Familiarity with SBIRS STSS Test Systems, JTRANS DB Development and SBIRS Common Database Schema
• Current DoD Secret clearance is required.
• TS/SCI preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.