Lockheed Martin Space Social Media & Digital Communications Specialist in Sunnyvale, California
Description: We Do Space at Lockheed Martin. The next human-rated spacecraft destined for the moon and beyond. Eleven Mars-bound orbiters and landers. The first-ever comet sample return. The first 3D printed parts in deep space. More interplanetary spacecraft than any other U.S. company. And we’re just getting started. Now we need your help with telling our story to the world.
Lockheed Martin is seeking a talented individual to join our Space Communications team as a Social Media and Digital Communications Specialist. You will be responsible for producing and publishing high-quality, space-related content across our company’s social media channels, website and other platforms, on a daily basis. Assignments range from producing a Facebook Live broadcast during a rocket launch to sharing the news of the day from one of our many engineering teams.
The successful candidate will work closely with marketing and PR representatives as well as designers and videographers to reach key audiences through our digital and social media channels.
The Social Media and Digital Communications Specialist reports to the Manager of Lockheed Martin Space’s Marketing Communications team and can be based in either Denver, CO, or Sunnyvale, CA.
• Creating and publishing compelling and innovative content across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, LockheedMartin.com, and other platforms, to drive engagement and interest in the company’s space technologies
• Providing guidance to Space communicators on effective use of social media and digital content for PR and marketing efforts
• Serving as part of integrated teams to support communications campaigns and major events by writing social copy, monitoring engagements, and adjusting strategy in real time
Desired Skills: • Familiarity with Sprinklr and/or other social media publishing platforms
• Experience with audience development and building influencer campaigns
• Successful track record of growing an audience
• Knowledgeable about social media analytics and ability to make decisions and offer counsel to others in the organization based on the data
• An understanding of native video and best practices
• Skilled in active social monitoring, listening and two-way engagement
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline and equivalent experience
• Demonstrated expertise in social media and digital marketing
• Fundamental understanding of social media for business with the ability to rapidly become proficient using new software and online tools
• Exceptional writing, editing and oral communications skills with the ability to convey highly complex information in clear, compelling ways
• Specific expertise in Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.