Lockheed Martin Staff Materials Support Team Member in Sunnyvale, California
Description: As a Certified Test Conductor in the Critical Operations Readiness and Execution Team (CORE Team) at Lockheed Martin Space, you’ll have an opportunity to work closely with hardware assembly and test teams and accompany a spacecraft on its journey to a launch site. Short of launch itself, one of the riskiest phases of the spacecraft’s life is the transport to a place like Kennedy Space Center or Korou, French Guiana. Our goal is to devise and employ protective systems, eliminating risk to the asset. Whatever your immediate assignment may be, you’ll use your education, experience and willpower to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
CORE Team members are self-starters: energetic, forward thinking and able to handle rapid changes. We are mobile, possibly one of the highest traveled teams in the company. In a typical month, most team members can expect to travel 2 or 3 times, commonly to locations in California, Colorado, Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana. We are also a hands-on team with the hardware and protective equipment, we are not a team focused solely on information flow. So, if you are a traveler at heart, and don’t mind unusual schedule demands, physical work and getting dirty, this may be a real opportunity for you.
In this particular role, you will focus on preparing and executing hardware handling procedures for the CORE Team. You will support all critical operations as part of a small, mobile team that packages and handles spacecraft and will also be responsible for task and resource planning.
Desired Skills: •Ability and willingness to support programs on overtime when required.
• Ability to travel in support of Transportation and Logistics (a parallel organization) and/or customer support.
• Hands-on experience with material handling equipment, forklift operations, bridge crane operations, aerial lift operations, and other light and heavy-duty equipment.
• Experience with commercial and military cargo aircraft operations and logistics.
• Experience with refrigeration system maintenance and repair.
• Familiarity with the Material Requisition System and other Lockheed Martin Space purchasing systems.
• Risk analysis experience (Functional Failure Modes & Effects Analysis, fishbone diagrams, etc.).
• Microsoft Project familiarity.
• Registered Professional Engineer, California.
• Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineer preferred.
• Lockheed Martin Space Certified Test Conductor, or equivalent certification from other major aerospace integrator.
• At least 3 years experience in preparing and executing test procedures, using electronic systems such as Automation Framework
• Mechanical and electrical diagnostic skills, up to 480-VAC 3 phase.
• Demonstrated ability to work in the field, directing support staff for equipment readiness and configuration.
• Ability to perform work on a ladder, aerial lift and on back/side on floor.
• Three or more years of experience in material handling, including moving, loading, securing, and transporting hardware.
• A collaborative work style with commitment to get the job done safely and efficiently.
• Experience interfacing with multiple programs and/or customers on a daily basis in a fast-paced environment to preplan, schedule and coordinate resources in support of program priorities.
• Experience in a cleanroom environment.
• Familiarity with spacecraft assembly and protective requirements.
• Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization with persuasive details and facts and the ability to drive initiatives and risk mitigations that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
• Ability to establish and maintain performance measures, strategic planning, and further development of processes and procedures in support of T&L’s mission, goals and objectives.
• Strong communication skills for coordination with team equipment operators, peers, internal and external customers. Must be able to write to a level of final completeness without peer review and editing.
• Proficient in Microsoft Applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Must be a United States citizen.
• Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI with poly and at least a DOD interim secret clearance.
• Must be able to travel up to 35% sometimes with short turn-around trips.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering or technical discipline plus 3 yrs related experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.