Lockheed Martin Systems Architect, Missile Warning & Detection Systems in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Do your career aspirations include Chief Architect or Chief Engineer? The missile defense space organization seeks a mid-level architect willing to expand their analytical skills to gain and use a broad understanding of space to develop system of system architecture for space based missile warning and defense. We are looking for someone willing to broaden their analytical toolbox in support of system of system trades.
As a Systems Engineer you will:
- Provide architectural analysis using a variety of tools in support of trade studies, proposals and programs
- Have the ability to synthesize a seemingly disparate set of information and requirements into a solution concepts
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Broad analytical background to include one or more of the following: optics, orbit mechanics, link budgets, radiometry, line of sight pointing and control, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Physics or closely related technical degree
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Capability of integrating new skills to solve problems
- Systems Tool Kit, MATLAB
- Operations research and analysis/architecture development (establishing big picture)
- Passion for the space missile warning and detection mission
- Optical payloads
- Graduate degree in engineering, math or science
- Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.