Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Senior Staff in Sunnyvale, California
Description: This Chief Engineer Delegate position reports to the Overhead Persistent Infrared programs (OPIR) Chief Engineer's Office within Military Space. The Chief Engineering delegate responsibilties include oversight and review of program architecture, hardware and software development, system integration, vehicle and system test, and spacecraft deployment and operations activities.
The CE Delegate may represent the OPIR Chief Engineer for program Failure Review Boards, Material Review Boards, Readiness Reviews, Concept of Operations development activities, design reviews, readiness reviews, and technical issues adjudication. The CE Delegate will be expected to coordinate across program technical leads and experts, as well as employ broader Engineering Enterprise support to leverage independent subject matter expertise.
A key aspect of this role includes identifying and addressing potential future pitfalls, including independent review of potential design, integration, and test challenges, to avoid issues before they arise. The delegate will be responsible for understanding potential reach-across threats from other space products and programs, identifying resolution plans to address development, deployment, operations, and mission success concerns as they arise.
The role supports multiple development programs and requires a solid understanding of Space/Ground hardware, software, and Concept of Operations. The engineer must be capable of working in dynamic environment with occasional troubleshooting and surge support outside of normal business hours. The role requires a candidate with demonstrated experience leading a technical team through issue resolution and technical challenges.
A Level 5 requisition typically has 14 to 20 years of experience.
* Bachelor's Degree and applicable experience in spacecraft software and hardware development, deployment, and operations.
* Demonstrated experience leading engineers through issue resolution and technical challenges
* Demonstrated experience driving technical issues and decisions to resolution
* Experience presenting technical issues and resolution plans to senior management, customers, and executives
* Experience with spacecraft development and test, Concept of Operations development, spacecraft hardware build and test
* Master's Degree in Engineering with >7 years applicable experience.
* Experience leading multidisciplinary space/ground engineering teams
* Experience across multiple disciplines, including electronics, GNC, structures, mechanisms, software, systems engineering
* Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) Experience on Spacecraft Bus or Payload hardware
* Experience with spacecraft operations
* Experience with hardware / software interfaces, integration, and test
* Experience with multiple Space Programs and Lines of Business
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.