Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering Manager in Sunnyvale, California
Description: This position will support the Overhead Persistent Infra-Red (OPIR) Next Generation GEO Space Vehicle Contract. The qualified candidate will directly support the OPIR SEIT Director and OPIR Chief Systems Engineer responsible for leading the development & deployment of OPIR Next Gen System systems architecture & infrastructure for the for system communications, data distribution/dissemination, COMSEC & system security, architectural trade studies, executing program risk mitigations and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE). This position will work in conjunction the OPIR Space Segment, CoE’s and with the Mission Solutions Ground Systems Team in Boulder CO. The successful applicant will be based in Sunnyvale with some travel to Denver/Boulder Colorado, Buckley AFB, Schriever AFB, Los Angeles Air Force Base as required and will interface with multiple contractor and government development, test, acquisition, and operations organizations. Willingness to obtain DoD TS/SCI required
• Minimum 8 years of aerospace systems engineering, system integration, or systems test experience required.
• Hands-on experience with delivery of complex high visibility systems of systems through planning to operational delivery is required. This includes the installation, integration, test of complex space & ground systems, development of test plans and procedures, handover/acceptance criteria, integrated DT/OT testing of DoD or National systems.
• Must have strong leadership and team building skills and demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives.
• Must have excellent written, verbal, and presentation communications skills and is expected to interface with management and government leadership on a regular basis.
• Current DoD Secret clearance is required.
• Previous Full Spectrum Leadership experience
• Previous CAM Experience
• Experience with Systems Engineering and Program Processes to include program review boards, engineering review boards, discrepancy review boards, configuration management, requirements verification, and Government Furnished Equipment.
• Current DoD TS/SCI is preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.