Lockheed Martin Test Engineer II in Sunnyvale, California
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
You will support Extended Navy Test Bed Reentry body testing for the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• You will required to be trained as a Certified Test Conductor to develop test requirements, test procedures, conduct testing, and test reports for electrical functional testing at component and integrated system level.
• You will also support test setup and station troubleshooting and interaction with test station designers and maintainers.
* Must have an active Final Secret or higher Clearance to be considered for this role.
* This position requires special access to support the program and requires you to be a US Citizen
*This is a term position through 2022 in Sunnyvale, CA.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline or other related degree, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Basic knowledge of UNIX commands
• Must have a secret level clearance at time of hiring
• This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen
• Basic knowledge of FBM Trident II D5 Missile System
• Experience with Automation Framework (AF)
• Experience in telemetry data processing
• Programming experience using LabVIEW
• Experience with RF testing(i.e. VSWR testing, Full four-port calibration, spectrum analyzer operation, Voltage network analyzers/power network analyzers)
•The ability to work under general supervision in a team environment. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy.
• Frequent use and application of technical standards,
principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
• The ability to problem solve and provide solutions to technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Experience communicating and collaborating across team boundaries with subcontractors and customers.
• Highly motivated and willing to learn multiple areas of telemetry systems.
• Team player who takes ownership of work and is capable of independent critical thinking and completion of activities.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.