Lockheed Martin Director of Finance & Business Operations - FBM Program in Titusville, Florida
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
The mission of the FBM Finance and Business Operations organization is to exceed customer expectations by delivering exceptional work products and innovative business solutions while inspiring team member growth and development. This organization is seeking a dynamic leader to continue the team’s progression towards that objective. Other responsibilities include:
Direct all Finance and Business Operations functions and responsibilities for the FBM programs within the Strategic Missile and Defense Systems Line-of-Business (LOB) with annual sales of $1,300M. Provide leadership to the program management teams and effectively manage the business portfolio in order to achieve financial commitments, including Orders, Sales, Earnings Before Interest and Taxes (EBIT), Cash, Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) and overhead expenditures (including unallowable cost), New Business Acquisition Expense (NBAE), and capital expenditures.
Support the Strategic Missile and Defense Systems LOB strategy to selectively evaluate and pursue growth opportunities, defend equities, and develop/ maintain strong customer relationships, while also partnering with Finance & Business Operations across the enterprise.
Responsible for managing a team of cost control, planning and scheduling, PPMP/EVM, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), budget development and management, Estimating and proposal support, and Contracts personnel. Aggressively manages and performs analysis to ensure present and future financial performance is consistent with forecasts and identifies risks and opportunities to the plan. Provides interface with the customer and executive management on programmatic, fiscal, and business management related activities. Directs the compilation of cost, schedule and technical elements in the development and negotiation of proposals and other contract changes. Maintain strong customer relationships by achieving sustained outstanding performance on existing programs. Will be responsible for interfacing with executive level Navy customer representatives.
Provide active direction and inspiration to the finance and business operations team, with other leadership responsibilities of providing an inclusive environment, recruitment, talent management (including career development), performance assessment and identifying growth opportunities for team members through the application of the Full Spectrum Leadership Imperatives. Responsible for coordinating employee recruitment, selection and training and providing performance assessments.
This position is based in Titusville, Florida. Interested candidates not local to the Titusville must be willing to relocate. Travel will be required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Requires familiarity with accounting / financial practices, EVMS systems, government contracting, pricing/estimating techniques;
• Ability to develop and track program financial plans, and program management practices;
• Prior experience within Aerospace & Defense
• Leadership experience and demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership Competencies;
• Strong knowledge of Financial Planning & Analysis;
• Significant working knowledge of program Finance & Business Operations disciplines to include EVMS, funding, cost proposal development and strong negotiation skills;
• Prior experience in multiple leadership positions, providing guidance and direction for the F&BO team on a large program.
• Must be able to travel as required (roughly 25%)
• Final Secret Clearance required prior to start.
• Experience with large scale development programs;
• Experience with virtual and IPT organization structures;
• Experience with government contracting;
• Development of negotiation strategies that balance risk and profit;
• A wide range and depth of business operations experience to include cost control, finance, estimating, scheduling, contracts, and sub-contracts;
• Demonstrated successful experience with fixed- price prime and supplier contracting;
• Masters in Business Administration;
• Subcontract Management skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.