Lockheed Martin Executive Administrative Assistant in Titusville, Florida
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking to use your administrative experience to take your career to the next level? Do you love being a go-to person in a collaborative team environment? Are you an enthusiastic self-starter who can take initiative? If you can multi-task and thrive in a busy office, this could be the opportunity for you. Join our Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) team in Titusville, Florida. We are seeking a Executive Administrative Assistant to support Vice President of Missile and Reentry Programs.
In this dynamic role, you will perform diverse administrative duties, which by nature of the position involve high-level contacts with other Lockheed Martin executives, U.S. and foreign partner companies, and senior Government customers. Exposure to sensitive information will necessitate considerable use of discretion, judgment, tact, and diplomacy. Since assignments will change on a frequent basis, you will be able to utilize judgment and initiative to complete daily tasks, relying on knowledge in a variety of clerical, computer, and secretarial applications to complete those tasks. You will coordinate with other administrative assistants for coverage of shared responsibilities and projects and you may be asked to flex time to support executives as needed.
In this role, you will:
• Perform complex calendar scheduling to ensure efficiency and optimal use of the VPs' and respective staff’s time; manage the VPs' schedules to de-conflict and help prioritize meetings.
• Work effectively with internal and external staff assistants to schedule meetings and coordinate communication between Executives in a timely and efficient manner.
• Arrange air travel, hotels, and other transportation and travel needs for domestic and international travel. Prepare expense reports.
• Ensure the VPs are equipped for meetings by preparing meeting materials in collaboration with the staff.
• Assist with other projects and duties as assigned, such as coordinating team or employee recognition events and customer visits in support of executive priorities.
• Demonstrate initiative, discretion and tact in managing email, telephone calls and other requests. Ensure all correspondence is accurate, complete and properly handled.
• Utilize Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Skype and SharePoint) to: compose correspondence, memos, reports, create spreadsheets and presentation charts; ensure finished documents are proofread.
• Pursue opportunities to change or lean-out processes/approaches.
The general working hours for this role are 7am - 5pm, with after-hour support and limited domestic travel as required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 Years or more of experience supporting senior management (Director level or above).
• Recent and demonstrated experience in executive protocol and providing administrative support to Executive-level clients.
• Ability to coordinate complex travel arrangements and logistical challenges and populate and reconcile expense reports.
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), internet research and demonstrated proficiency in meeting technology such as VTC, Skype, audio and web conferencing.
• Experience with SharePoint.
• US Citizenship required with ability to obtain Secret clearance.
• Experience working with the FBM Customer (USN) Executives.
• Experience in supporting executive level management (VP level or above).
• Self-starter who can independently accomplish a variety of tasks and assignments with attention to detail, accurately and on time; is dedicated, flexible, takes initiative, and multi-tasks effectively.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as external customers, clients and vendors.
• Experience with Lockheed Martin (LM) tools (Concur, CATS, SAP, Visit LM, etc.), policies and procedures.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.