Lockheed Martin Purchasing Analyst in Trumbull, Connecticut
Description: Purpose of Job:
The Purchasing Analyst is a key aftermarket supply chain position with the responsibility to ensure critical support is provided for our Helicopter customers operating around the world. Activities revolve around processing repairs, supplier quotes, etc. using SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system as the primary processing environment for the Trumbull Commercial Aftermarket Repairs.
The Purchasing analyst role will be responsible for the delivery, cost, and quality of their respective repair vendors.
- The analyst must take ownership for all vendors within their jurisdiction from a strategic and transactional vantage point.
- Maintain open repair orders and issue supplier performance reports as needed
- Negotiate pricing and contractual terms.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance issues.
- Expediting and coordinating material requirements to suppliers for repaired Trumbull components.
- Manage the return and speedy replacement of defective materials.
- Review and qualify new and existing suppliers as needed. Supplier surveys may include site visitation involving the auditing of supplier procedures used in the repair of products and services.
- Managing communication with customers related to pricing, contract flow down, civil airworthiness certification, quality and delivery.
- Monitor supplier portal to ensure suppliers are properly maintaining commit dates.
- Make recommendations to suppliers to enable them to better serve and conduct business in a co-operative and ethical manner in accordance with Lockheed Martin Company guidelines to achieve departmental and company business objectives as defined by management.
- Manage weekly metrics and goal.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
Desired Skills: Bachelors Degree
Demonstrated ability to proactively manage and organize multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
Experience in working with external vendors and setting performance standards of excellence.
Previous experience with SAP ERP system a plus but not a requirement.
Strong computer skills MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, business judgment and adaptability skills.
- Communicate effectively with internal/external customers and management using written and or verbal methods as required.
- High level of data analysis and reporting experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.