Lockheed Martin Assistant Pubs Engineer in Uniondale, New York
Description: The candidate should be able to plan and execute Navigation Subsystem documentation in support of multiple Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Navigation Subsystem Program Increments. The candidate must be able to identify fleet issues that impact deployed Navigation Subsystem and deliver Navigation Subsystem electronic documentation for current and future FBM Navigation Subsystem Program Increments and SPALTs. Candidate should possess Navigation Subsystem knowledge to evaluate Trouble and Failure Reports (TFRs), Field Engineering reports, and questions from the customer and make required changes to first and second-level documentation. Candidate will be responsible for the generation (writing and tagging) of the electronic documentation using Clear Case file management system and hypertext tagging of electronic documentation as well as documenting all changes via Program Problem Reports (PPRs), meeting schedules, and submitting the documentation for verification and incorporating any comments. Candidate will also be responsible for applying submarine unique operability and human factor considerations gained from previous experience to writing and reviewing first and second-level documentation.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Collect, review, analyze, and edit engineering information from multiple sources.
• Developing and delivering first and second-level Navigation Subsystem electronic documentation.
• Responding to customer and engineering review comments provided via Trouble and Failure Reports (TFRs) and Program Problem Reports (PPRs) programs.
• TFR processing from initial receipt to development of a response, including resolution of any comments with customer.
• Resolving PPRs from initial receipt to development of the response until acceptance of response by customer.
• Coordinating with US and UK customers, designated contractors and subcontractors, Fleet personnel as well as with LM Operations, Quality, and System Test departments for reviews and approvals.
• Making SPALT Program changes in related technical documentation updates.
• Hypertext tagging of electronic documentation database using Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) and Clear Case file management
• Able to assess and evaluate documentation changes and make verification methodology recommendations. Developing verification test plans for use in formal verification testing of Electronic Documentation (Docware) deliveries and assist in verification testing.
• Maintain delivery configuration and coordinate shipments of Documentation and conjunctive
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 to 5 years of professional experience; or 2 to 5 years’ experience required with a related Master’s degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
The candidate will be a multi-disciplined publications engineer. The candidate will generate, draft and finalize all documentation that is related to the Navigation Subsystem. Ability to understand technical material, such as drawings, specifications, parts lists, vendor data sheets, that would be used in the development of Navigation Subsystem documentation. Good interfacing skills to work with members of engineering staff to verify proper problem resolution and accurate documentation. Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently to keep docs delivery on schedule.
Ability to obtain a security clearance.
• Technical knowledge of Trident Navigation Subsystem equipment’s.
• Strong communication, writing, and editing skills.
• Ability to draft technical manuals (Description/Operation/Maintenance/Parts List) from source data (design drawings, equipment specifications, vendor data, interviews with engineers) in accordance with technical writing and publishing practices specified in customer specifications, requirements, and quality standards.
• Proficient in using the Trouble and Failure Reports (TFRs) and Program Problem Reports (PPRs) systems to respond to documentation issues raised by the fleet during tactical use and training.
• Demonstrated proficiency in composing Integrated Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs) using VULCAN authoring tools and create supporting illustrations using Microsoft VISIO graphics software.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College