Lockheed Martin Data Analytics Consultant / Uniondale, NY in Uniondale, New York
Description: The functions of this role include using advanced data governance & analysis skills to maintain data warehouses and data lakes to support the reporting needs of Transmission & Distribution organization.
Datasets will be identified, cleaned, distributed, queried, and visualized to support the ability to meet: financial reporting deadlines, project milestones, establish KPI’s, and accomplish scorecard metrics.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting data analysis in support of a variety of analytic solutions;
- Preparing monthly dashboard reports, identifying trends and presenting thoughtful, actionable solutions;
- Creating Access databases and SharePoint sites to collect user inputs;
- Preparing month-end regulatory financial reports;
- Developing databases and implementing data standards and data quality monitoring tools to filter and clean data;
- Crafting compelling stories using the right visualization techniques
- Documenting and training end users on reports and dashboards
Desired Skills: High proficiency with data management;
Developing ETL tools for metrics and financial reporting;
Willingness to attend vendor symposiums and meet-ups within the New York tristate area;
Eagerness to learn and implement advanced data mining techniques (using R and Analytic Solver) related to: machine learning, linear algebra, statistics, natural language processing, and predictive analytics;
Experience with SAP;
Experience developing business requirements and coordination with IT departments to achieve customer satisfaction
Technical experience with SQL, Python, and Tableau (and ability to keep up with program updates & enhancements)
Experience with Access database and Sharepoint sites (developing and maintaining)
Excel skills and experience analyzing, manipulating, and presenting large amounts of data while maintaining data integrity, including visualization
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.