Lockheed Martin Logistics / Material Mangement Intern in Uniondale, New York
Description: • Performs assignments in administrative organizations supporting Operations (e.g., Production Control, Planning, Materiel, Inventory, Transportation and Logistics) during vacations and short-term breaks from college attendance while enrolled in an accredited degree program
Previous work experience in a hands on environment,
examples would include Metal fabrication / assembly, Construction, auto repair
Experience in a technical field would be a plus as would any evidence of entrepreneurial mindset.
Pursuing a degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, Packaging Engineering, Engineering, Project Management degree or other related discipline from an accredited college/university.
• Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
• This position requires special access to support the program and requires US citizenship.
Ability to obtain a security clearance
• Knowledge of Supply Chain management principles, purchasing, procurement, delivery, reporting, analytics.
• Experience with SAP business tools. Strong interpersonal skills. Good Communications Skills.
• Strong sense of follow-up and closure with attention to detail and quality.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of transportation, material packaging and shipping.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.