Lockheed Martin Provisioning Support for the Trident Navigation Program and the Trident Submarine Replacement Program in Uniondale, New York
Description: The Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Logistics Specialist will provide ILS support to the ILS Lead and the Program Manager in Mitchel Field, NY. This position will provide technical support for logistics, supply chain management and provisioning activities of government owned equipment and material for the Trident Navigation Program. The program supports currently deployed OHIO class submarines in the US as well as the UK ballistic missile fleet. This effort will continue with the new US COLUMBIA class and UK DREADNAUGHT class submarines. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Provide navigation tactical and non-tactical equipment provisioning support. Update and maintain provisioning documentation and technical data to support submarine or trainer site spares, tools and material to support design and maintenance changes. Maintain provisioning database for all supported items. Prepare customer proposals to document support changes. Support SPALT and Provisioning Conference activities. Assign provisioning codes per Naval publications and submittal of allowance change forms for SSBN and site use. Provide support to the inventory management and delivery support services for navigation equipment, materials and spares. This position requires direct interface with the US Navy customer, US Navy representatives, subcontractors, and Lockheed Martin management/engineering personnel. Specific qualifications and task requirements include:
• Ability to work independent of direct leadership/supervision
• Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic teaming environment with the ability to coordinate efforts across multiple logistics and engineering disciplines.
• Demonstrated ability to work directly with other logistics and engineering disciplines to ensure logistics related issues are addressed and resolved
• Conduct and support on-going meetings and interact directly with US Navy logistics personnel
• Interface with a variety of internal LM and external Government, engineering, logistics, financial and program management disciplines
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Supply Chain Management to include spares analysis, forecasting, obsolescence management/tracking and inventory management
• Track and report all Supply metrics
• Develop and perform in depth briefings for both LM senior management and external customers including participation in routine IPT meetings and program reviews
• Conduct in-depth provisioning analyses, document results, and present to customers
• Continuously update the SAIL database as information becomes available
• Track and respond to action items and inquiries
• Knowledge of logistics, provisioning and maintenance concepts, government property management and military requisitions, logistics supply
• Project leadership experience
• Working a teaming environment
• Microsoft Office product knowledge
• Product Life Cycle Management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven multi-tasking skills
• Ability to travel<10%
• Prior Navy supply experience desirable
• Green Belt Training/Certification
• Experience with US submarine supply management system preferably with submarine strategic combat systems
• Operations Leadership Development Program (OLDP) graduate is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Master’s degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.