Lockheed Martin Test Engineer (Associate Engineer) - Mitchel Field NY in Uniondale, New York
Description: Assistant SI&T lab administrator position with responsibility for:
- Lab Administrator Activities, Lab Scheduling and Reporting
o Draft and review schedule with Manager/Lab Supervisor
o Work with engineers requesting lab time to create Job Sheets and obtaining approval by PMO
o Tracking/Closure of Job Sheets per DOP
o PMO notification of lab failures relating to or impacting government installed equipment
o Late night/weekend support in event of equipment failure
o Work with engineers requiring hardware changes to government installed equipment via Temporary Modification (TM) requests and obtaining approval by PMO
o Ensuring that engineers correctly record TMs.
o Ensuring that engineers utilizing lab conform to DOP for log entry, sign-in, and configuration changes logging
o Tracking of classified material (MO, SSDs) used in government installed test suites (SSI, SSBN-R)
o Coordinate with COMSEC custodian for keying equipment requiring crypto keys to be operational
- Lab Infrastructure monitoring/maintenance:
o Generation of vendor POs for periodic maintenance/repair of lab equipment (e.g. backup power, chilled water, forced air, etc.)
o Scheduling of vendor site visits for aforementioned lab equipment maintenance/repair
o Periodic maintenance of lab infrastructure providing power, chilled water, forced air (e.g., chilled water filer replacements, greasing bearings of 70KG)
o Periodic maintenance of government installed equipment per Government maintenance schedule
- Test Configuration Set-up:
o Generation of Lab Facility Configuration letter prior to start of all formal testing
o Ensuring that lab is in correct configuration required test activity planned as identified in Lab Test Schedule
- Problem Investigation:
o Interface de-bugging
o Aux Equipment Setup
o Test Equipment Interface setup and monitoring
o Special Test equipment operation, setup in support of equipment and system test execution and maintenance
o Ability to troubleshoot lab failures
o Removal/replacement of CCA
o Use of O’scope, network analyzers, etc. to assist problem investigations
o Ability to repair both copper/fiber cables
- Development of Test Plans, Procedures and Reports under direct supervision of a Lead Tester or Manager
o Preparation for/Conduct Test Readiness Reviews, Conduct test procedures, Test Result Reviews, under direction of Lead Tester or Manager
- Preparation of Draft Lab CDRLs to the USN Customer to be reviewed with Lead Tester or Manager
o Internal Review Comment Adjudication
- Customer liaison with SP-24, PMOSSP, and DCMA for purposes of:
o Lab status (issues/failures) socialization with customer stakeholders
o Test Documentation review and verification
o Test problem resolution
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Master’s degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
- Experience with SSI/D5BF system operation, testing and standard maintenance procedures. Knowledge of special test equipment and simulator setup to support both SSI and D5BF systems.
- Experience with PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Hand-held computing devices, and other computers
- Knowledge of and experience with Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Test Meters.
- Qualified for both Copper/Fiber building/repair
- 3+ years of TRIDENT experience or equivalent Lab or field experience
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting and repair.
- Knowledge/experience with Special Test Equipment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.