Lockheed Martin Computer Operator/Alarm Monitor in Vandenberg Air Force Base, California
Description: At Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company (SSC), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
This job is covered under the Service Contract Act (SCA) with an hourly wage of $19.98 per hour.
The Payload Launch Sites Support Services (PLSSS) Program within SSC provides all launch processing support functions for Office of Space Launch (OSL). One of the program’s two primary operating locations is Vandenberg AFB, CA. Key elements of the PLSSS program scope include satellite launch processing, satellite transport operations, satellite propellant loading operations, and satellite processing facilities O&M, clean room operations, and safety and environmental services.
The PLSSS program seeks an Operations and Security Center (OSC) Computer Operator to monitor electronic security, facility and other associated systems in support of satellite launch operations on the Payload Launch Site Support Services (PLSSS) contract. Responsibilities will include:
• Acknowledge, investigate, and report alarms
• Compile data and make recommendations necessary to maintain the system
• Provide system and facility status, and log information in proper formats
• Perform physical security checks of remote facilities and monitor security
perimeters as required
• Assist others in collection of data, testing, and evaluation of the security
• Perform other OSC functions including escorting, visitor control, badging, etc.
• May perform other related duties as assigned by supervision.
Candidates must be able to work in a launch site environment including ability to climb stairs and wear breathing apparatus. Ability to work overtime is a requirement.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements (TS/SCI with Poly) for access to classified information.
Desired Skills: • Electronic security monitoring experience
• Experience with security system applications
• Video monitoring/assessment experience
• Experience auditing daily operations
• Visitor control/badging experience
• Physical security/escort experience
• Physical building checks; walking around building day/night
• Emergency management experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.