Lockheed Martin Subcontract Administrator (early career) in Vandenberg Air Force Base, California
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space at Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA seeks an early career Subcontracts professional who wants to be part of this mission. If you have an interest in all things space and an interest in working for a company that will put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, or that develop national defense systems, come and be a part of our Supply Chain team. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your subcontracts/procurement skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
In this Subcontract Administrator role you will support the Payload Launch Site Support Services (PLSSS) program with multiple contract types, which may include T&M (Time and Material)and FFP (Firm Fixed Price) subcontracts and be responsible for closeouts and timely administration of modifications. Demonstrated skills in administering FAR compliant contracts are required.
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Must have a Bachelors degree with 1+ years of professional, relevant work experience (subcontracts, procurement)
• Working knowledge of FAR/DFARS (Federal Acquisition Regulations/Defense Acquisition Regulations System)
• Must have experience negotiating contract Terms and Conditions, subcontractor rates, or price
• Proficient in the use of MS Office products to include detailed experience with MS Excel/pivots
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
• 3+ years of procurement/subcontracts experience
• Experience with T&M and FFP contract types
• Experience with Supply Chain Management (SCM) processes and procedures, Lockheed Martin Acquisition Procedures (LMAP), and P2P
• Experience in working competitive proposals
• Process improvement and materials processes
• Effective communicator, detail-oriented, and team player
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.