Lockheed Martin Senior IT Systems Administrator / VMware vSphere / NAS Oceana / Virginia Beach, VA in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Description: This position will support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Dam Neck Activity (DNA) located at the Dam Neck Annex of Naval Station Oceana. The selected candidate will perform duties of System Administrator, within the Command Network Manager Group under the Activity Chief Information Officer's office at Dam Neck Activity, Virginia Beach, Virginia. Consult with the ACIO, Department Information Officer (DIO), Command Network Manager, Network Security Officers, Government and Contractor personnel to manage and sustain the existing VMware vSphere ESXI6.x environment, including a vCenter server, associated VMware features, network security, performance and reliability. Additional duties include participation in and documentation of configuration control board meetings, development and update of Virtual Computing Environment (VCE) certification and accreditation package, assist in the design of the upgrade to the existing virtual environments located at Dam Neck Activity. While this position will be part of a larger team, it is intended to be the VCE subject matter expert for the team. As such, candidates need to have the basic qualifications described below.
* Extensive experience with and ability to manage VMware vSphere ESXI 6.x, vCenter servers and associated VMware features including Update Manager, syslog, monitoring and related backup technologies such as Dell VSM.
* Experience managing the installation and/or upgrade, configuration, deployment and management of a Virtual Computing Environment (VCE).
* Experience with administration of Active Directory including Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
* Experience with administration of Windows Server 2012 R2 and/or 2016
* Experience with administration of MS SQL Server database
VMware Horizon View and NSX experience is a plus.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Inventory control process.
- Troubleshoot network server, VCE and network security, performance and reliability issues as they arise.
- Network administration capability able to be a backup network administrator.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.