Lockheed Martin Lockheed Martin International – Strategic Advocacy and Outreach Lead in Virginia
Description: Lockheed Martin International Government Affairs (IGA) is seeking a Strategic Advocacy and Outreach lead to support international advocacy campaigns, executive level messaging and strategic customer communications and correspondence. The candidate will work closely with corporate communications, internal business functions and outside organizations to research messaging, develop content, create preparation materials, and organize logistics to ensure successful strategic customer interactions. The candidate will develop content for internal and external engagements for International Government Affairs executives, including briefings, talking points, speech writing, and other written communications. The position will identify and develop an outreach plan to international-based think tanks and public policy organizations to shape advocacy and effective public policy debate. This position directly reports into the Vice President, LM International Government Affairs. Specific responsibilities include:
- Draft and refine executive customer outreach letters, speeches, talking points, briefing documents and research papers to support international business imperatives, build international advocacy and support International government affairs outreach;
- Draft executive correspondence and maintain international customer database;
- Ensure consistency and relevance in strategic messaging, advocacy and outreach across the LMI organization;
- Play a key role on an innovative international government affairs and public policy team operating in a fast, rigorously demanding environment;
- Support development of an international public policy strategy, ensuring coordination with LM International field operations, corporate organizations, all Business Areas and Government Affairs;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned in support of team mission.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and solid experience developing presentations, speeches, executive letters, research and policy papers, and other written materials.
- Ability to articulate clearly the technical and business subjects in a simple and compelling way.
- Proven research skills – not only to bring together essential facts and connect the dots through writing, but to also bring content to life with appropriate local information and color.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to quickly understand, assimilate, and communicate complex issues.
- Familiarity and interest in issues related to defense, aerospace, economics, the environment, corporate citizenship, and international affairs.
- Strong project-management skills with an ability to multi-task and remain flexible when priorities change; public policy experience is advantageous.
- A positive, proactive team-oriented attitude, culturally sensitive.
- Experience and Keen understanding of strategic issues impacting the U.S. relationship with allies and partners around the world
- Demonstrated knowledge in business, political, economic, and international government affairs
- Experience in presenting complex strategies and information to both peers and sr. level management
- Past experience working directly with senior U.S. or foreign officials on international security, defense or commercial issues
- Past experience working within a political, public policy or strategic communications campaign
- Past experience building grassroots/grasstops networks
- Past experience working with an internationally focused non-profit, think tank or other institute or council
- Understanding of regional culture and international customer procurement and political processes
- Past experience working and/or living overseas
- Proficiency in a foreign language
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.