Lockheed Martin Senior Manager, Strategic Engagement & Advocacy in Virginia
Description: Reporting to the Vice President, Strategic Engagement and Advocacy (SEA), the position will be responsible for management of Lockheed Martin Government Affairs’ (LMGA) external outreach and engagement on priority issues.
Additional core duties include the following:
• Manage and coordinate the corporation’s strategic involvement with key third parties to advance LM’s and the defense industry’s overall priorities. Third parties are defined as including but not limited to think tanks, experts, influencers, advocacy organizations (non-trade), FFRDCs, and trade associations.
• Manage and, as appropriate, lead LMGA cross-team advocacy efforts on pertinent and politically sensitive policy and programmatic issues.
• Engage with key internal LM stakeholders in LMGA, the Business Areas, and Corporate in support of key LMGA and corporate-wide business and strategic objectives.
• Identify opportunities for and assist with narrative development of related messaging for use with and through third parties, government partners, and media outlets.
• Set up briefings, facility tours, coffees, lunches, and dinners for key third party experts.
• Attend key external third party events.
• Coordinate with corporate communications and other LMGA mission teams to ensure alignment and effectiveness of messaging and outreach on key program portfolios and policies.
• Engage as needed with Executive Branch leaders at the White House and DoD in support of the Corporation’s policy goals and programmatic interests.
• Must be extroverted and willing/able to network.
• Should have familiarity with think tank environment.
• Experience working in either a think tank or trade association will be considered a plus.
• Should have familiarity with defense industry.
• Good writing and communication skills are important
• Team player orientation necessary.
• Should be creative and a self-starter.
• Should be organized and have a sense of urgency.
• TS/SCI clearance ideal; ability to get TS security clearance required.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.