Lockheed Martin Business Development USG Sales Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Description: Derco Aerospace, Inc., an industry-leading aerospace distributor of spares, components, and services, is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Business Development USG Sales Manager, who is looking for a challenging work environment. Selected individual will be responsible for developing and growing U.S. Government accounts, building upon Derco’s long history of supporting our U.S. military. The ideal candidate will be a self-starting professional with US Government sales experience, with a proven track record toward supporting and capturing USG contracts. The position involves domestic travel and requires relocation to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Responsible for Orders and Sales supporting pre-defined USG accounts (Financial)
• Engage and maintain strong industry relationships within the customer-base, as well as overall market-place, so that strong strategic relationships can develop. (Customer)
• Responsible for meeting USG-based customers (in country and at Derco) including travel; leading, coordinating and/or participating in customer visits, presentations, tours and airshows. (Customer)
• Track and monitor USG web-based activity (Growth)
• Identify and assess opportunities, and communicating with internal stakeholders the appropriate and winning capture plans (Growth).
• Collaborative with internal stakeholders and key departments to provide a coordinated effort toward strategic accounts.(Growth)
Founded in 1979, Derco Aerospace, Inc. is a world leader in providing aircraft spares, services, and solutions to customers around the globe. Through solid relationships with premier original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), Derco maintains one of the largest and most diversified aircraft spares inventories in the world. Today, Derco is a full-service logistics and solutions provider, supporting military and commercial fleets in more than 65 countries. Derco is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE:LMT) of Bethesda, MD, a Fortune 100 company.
Derco is a diverse, forward-thinking, employee-oriented company that promotes personal development and a work life balance. Derco offers a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, bonuses, health, dental, 401K with company match, and continuing education incentives.
• 4 year degree
• 2+ years in US military service
• 2+ years’ experience in sales management
• 2+ years’ experience in direct or outside sales
• Strong prospecting skills and excellent closing skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.