Lockheed Martin Engagement & Retention Lead in Washington, District Of Columbia
Description: Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) provides systems engineering, software development, training solutions and complex program management for global security, civil and commercial markets. Simply stated, our mission is to be the world’s leading global security and aerospace company. To achieve this mission, RMS draws on its core capabilities in advanced platforms and weapons, C4ISR, global sustainment, training and sensors.
The Engagement & Retention (E&R) Lead will be responsible for diagnosing issues and supporting implementation of solutions to address undesired attrition across our population. The role will perform a targeted, deep dive analysis to determine drivers, root causes & hot spots of unwanted attrition. This will require comprehensive research to understand the nature of the challenges, to include facilitation of discussions with the HR Community as well as employees and leaders across the business and partnering with the Analytics team to further understand and depict the trends and opportunities.
The focus in 2018 will be to gain a deeper understanding of attrition dynamics, trends and root cause by various demographics, identifying where we are experiencing success as well as where we are seeing challenges and opportunities for improvement. Following diagnosis, the E&R Lead will educate the HR community and specific populations as appropriate, and lead efforts to design and support implementation of tools and solutions to address the challenges, driving higher levels of engagement and retention.
The selected candidate will partner heavily with the Global Diversity and Inclusion (GD&I) organization, as there will be a great deal of alignment with their charter and focus areas. The E&R Lead will also partner across Talent and Organizational Capability (T&OC) and the broader Integrated Talent Management Center of Excellence (ITM COE), leveraging the work on Culture of Accountability, and infusing insight into work on talent sourcing/identification, acquisition, onboarding, compensation, rewards/recognition, overall engagement and development.
Additional areas of involvement/partnership will include employee resource groups and employee networks, employee Insights/RMS Culture Survey, corporate employee experience team and LM employee value proposition efforts, and labor relations for any overlap/linkages with the Voice of Employee (VOE) efforts.
Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed to support the organization.
Desired Skills: • Strategic analytics capability
• Green belt or black belt certification
• Direct experience in leading Global Diversity & Inclusion work
• At least five years relevant experience in some combination of engagement, retention, culture, talent, diversity & inclusion, data analysis and/or HR Business Partner work.
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose issues integrating both qualitative and quantitative feedback
• Experience designing both targeted and large-scale solutions to address complex problems
• Ability to influence others
• Fully engages and understands customer needs; champion of the customer experience and facilitating process improvement
• Ability to partner across organizations and collaborate with stakeholders at multiple levels
• Ability to create project plans, identify key stakeholders, define criteria for success, and effectively manage scope, teams, and deadlines
• Ability to apply understanding of metrics, survey and data analyses to develop, implement and evaluate the efficacy of programs and track progress of initiatives.
• Proven project management experience leading and effectively delivering large scale projects
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.