Lockheed Martin LCS Class Design Services Program Lead / Washington DC in Washington, District Of Columbia
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a Program Manager to lead our Core & Class Services program in support of the domestic Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) program. This position supports the LCS Program Management Office (PMO), specifically the LCS Sustainment organization and program management team responsible for the LCS Class Services contracts.
• Program Management Responsibilities:
o Perform Control Account Manager (CAM) duties for all assigned Control Accounts (CA) as defined in the Program Performance Management Process (PPMP) and as directed in the program's Program Performance Management Directive (PPMD). These duties include planning, budgeting, and managing the cost/schedule/technical performance for each CA. Complete all tasks and actions in accordance with program business rhythms.
o Effectively communicate status, concerns, and issues to management. Identify risks and opportunities to the program Risk & Opportunity Control Board and implement approved handling plans. Manage resources including identification and control of the CA schedule's critical path. Effectively analyze variances and proactively implement corrective action.
o Maintain overall Class Design Services (CDS budgets, ensuring proactive management and no overruns.
o Develop and manage all CDS CDRLs to ensure on-time and high-quality delivery.
o Provide project management support as required across all ongoing efforts.
o Maintain the workforce planning tool GRID for CDS contracts.
o Maintain and manage all program reporting requirements, including the development of slides and presentation of CDS status at monthly LCS Sustainment Review meetings.
o Participate in the negotiation of contracts and contract changes.
• Customer Interface
o Host regularly-scheduled program meetings with the Navy customer. Record all meeting minutes and action items and maintain distribution lists.
o Provide timely responses to customer inquiries and coordinate team efforts in response to customer action items.
o Develop and deliver proposals as required.
o Assist with the delivery of Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates, Work Specifications, and Designs to Navy by loading deliveries into Integrated Data Environment (IDE) and drafting contracts letter for delivery.
• Team Coordination:
o Coordinate efforts across each of the LCS Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) during the ROM estimating phase and during execution to ensure accurate and effective communication in support of meeting contractual deliverables and provide oversight of assigned design activities tasked by the customer.
o Closely coordinate with Contracts and Subcontracts to ensure all work efforts are in alignment with tasks awarded by the Navy. Work with Contracts/Subcontracts Manager to resolve any discrepancies.
o Closely coordinate with Finance and Business Operations to ensure effective budget planning and control is in place and that orders, sales, EBIT, and cash performance is in line with program goals. Work across Finance and Program Management Teams to provide inputs into Long-Range Plans (LRP) and strategic planning efforts.
o Support monthly major subcontractor program performance reviews to provide management of CDS subcontractors to ensure on-time and high-quality SDRL inputs.
o Draft contracts letters to request extensions or deviations from schedule.
o Provide administrative inputs to development of subcontractor statements of work (SOWs)
o Review, approve and sign all CDS Subcontractor invoices.
o Review internal and Subcontractor financial reports weekly and address any spending concerns. Ensure all personnel are charging correct shop orders across all CDS Task Instructions.
o Ensure all Subcontractor POs are closed out after completion of work effort.
o Assist Subcontracts, Contracts, and Finance in administrative start-up and close-out efforts on each contract.
Previous Control Account Management and Program Management experience.
Navy ship design and maintenance process and resources familiarity.
Microsoft Office Suite expertise.
Strong verbal & written communications skills.
Customer interface experience.
• 3-5 years of Program Manager Experience. LM Control Account Manager (CAM) certification.
• Familiarity with contracting and subcontracting processes. LCS program experience in technical, training and/or operations. Ability to perform task planning process and contract baseline efforts.
• Ability to monitor and evaluate schedule and cost performance including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, investigating late/over and under budget activities, and assisting project supervision in findings and solutions.
• Ability to grasp technical and logistical aspects of ship repair maintenance and execution to support decisions and issue resolution as they impact contracts, schedules, and budgets
• Ability to develop and discuss detailed budget and resource plans with management and customer to support forward planning and tracking, including justification of existing efforts and acquisition of new business
• Ability to quickly adapt/respond to ship repair maintenance schedule changes and act as the prime interface and liaison for all ship repair maintenance program aspects with LCS Program Management, other LM teams, the vendors, and all phases of the customer, in the planning, execution, and closure of all ship repair maintenance efforts.Strong verbal and written Communication skills required for effective interface with management, vendors, and the customer on complex program and technical aspects and issues.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.