Lockheed Martin Project Manager - Falls Church VA in Washington, District Of Columbia
Description: Lockheed Martin invites you to step up to one of today’s most daunting yet rewarding challenges as a Lockheed Martin Cyber Security professional. You’ll protect the networks that our citizens and the world depend upon each minute: Point of Sales Financial Assets, Critical infrastructure, Transportation, Automation and the uninterrupted flow of materials throughout the world which keeps our modern life moving. Here, you’ll work with cybersecurity experts on the forefront of threat prediction, detection and eradication before an adversary could gain a foot hold, using industry leading methodologies and tools. In this fast-paced, real-world environment, you’ll draw on all of your education and experience as well as the vast resources of Lockheed Martin Corporation to keep cyber threats at bay.
The candidate will be a member of the Lockheed Martin Cyber Solutions Team supporting a US Government and commercial customer. You will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
As part of our team, you will be a project manager assigned to the Deputy CISO Project Governance Team providing support to a multitude of CISO technical projects for program leads with their management of the status of their projects and required reporting.
Desired Skills: • Proficient in MS applications (Visio, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, Word, Project)
• Documented working knowledge of process improvement models (CMMI-SVS, Six Sigma)
• Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills, including editing and proofreading
• Ability to lead small- to medium-sized teams to include planning, organization, control, integration, and completion within area of assigned responsibility
• Ability to lead large-sized projects of varying scope and complexity
•Process improvement experience
Ability to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Experience tracking metrics, developing lessons learned and identifying trends
• Meticulous attention to detail and deadlines
• Proficient with MS Office Suite, Visio and Project
• CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Designation - US Citizen or Green Card Holder. Willingness to submit to a Tier 5 Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.