Lockheed Martin Mult Func Engrg & Sci Asc Mgr in White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico
Description: This Full Spectrum Leadership (FSL) position is a first line manager of employees with different disciplines working across the Flight Operations Team. Due to program funding restrictions, only candidates who currently occupy a funded position within the day staff Flight Operations team will be considered for this position. The selected candidate will be expected to maintain their current role within the Ops Team in addition to assuming the additional leadership responsibilities of Asc. Manager.
The Asc. Manager will work closely with the Manager, other Asc. Managers, Chief Engineer, and Team Leads to drive the team to meet daily operational requirements and long-term program goals. The Asc. Manager’s operational and programmatic responsibilities include:
• Review of Ops and Engineering cost, schedule and technical performance for all operational activities and engineering projects to ensure the team meets program contractual requirements and goals. This includes QAP, Award Fee, completion of engineering milestones, e.g. ORL and hardware transitions, as well as CLIN/EVM performance.
• Direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning, organizing, control, integration and completion of engineering projects.
• Identify program risks and opportunities and participate in the Risk and Opportunity Management Board.
• Lead team collection and review of Value Stream Metrics and implement plans to achieve goals including process improvements, efficiency initiatives and affordability step-down plans.
• Participate in the preparation of all program reporting mechanisms, e.g. Technical Highlights, Award Fee self-assessments, WARs, Site Status, etc.
• Prepare, participate in and present at multiple PMO and customer management forums to include Program Management Reviews, Contract Status Reviews and LM internal financial meetings. Communication with senior LM management and government customers is expected.
• Participate in the preparation of ROMs, ECPs, BOEs, review of SOWs and terms and conditions.
FSL duties for the Asc. Manager include selection and hiring of staff, work assignments, performance evaluations, promotions, job actions, career planning and training, award nominations, disciplinary actions, mentoring, and merit distribution.
• Must possess an active TS/SCI/SSBI Security Clearance.
• Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leader competencies; successful leadership of a team or project. Ability to lead diverse cross-functional teams to achieve cost, schedule and technical goals.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication and formal presentation skills, including the ability to establish positive relationships with customer, teammates and subcontractors and interface at all levels.
• Strong system engineering, analytical, and problem solving skills in a team environment.
• Highly motivated self-starter who demonstrates ability to perform effectively in a rapidly-changing environment with minimal supervision. Strong time management skills. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
• Experience with EVM/CLIN management
• Experience with ROMs, ECPs, BOEs, etc.
• Record of effectively interacting with senior LM and customer personnel on significant technical and programmatic matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Excellent communications skills
• Knowledge of Risk Management - Understands the value of identifying and managing programs risks and opportunities; formulates risk burn down plans and ensures incorporation into project/program plans and schedules; utilizes risk tools to manage projects/programs.
• Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.