Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer - Mission Planner in White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico
Description: This is an on-console operations position as a Mission Planner. The Mission Planner (MP) is responsible for generating an operational schedule which incorporates requirements from various systems for the next 24 hours on a daily basis. The MP is responsible for making edits to the operational schedule and coordinating with the customer POC. The MP is also responsible for the generation and transmission of daily planning messages to external users.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information prior to beginning employment.
This position operates in a highly dynamic 24/7 mission environment, so the candidate is expected to work with rapidly changing work schedules and mission priorities.
Specific duties and skills include:
- This is a rotating shift position requiring 12 hour day shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Availability to work overtime is required
- Availability for call-in is required
- Travel for training and testing may be required
• 4 year college degree or combination of education and experience.
• Highly motivated self-starter who demonstrates strong system engineering, analytical, and problem solving skills independently or in a team environment.
• Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to function in a multi-contractor environment.
• Requires a current TS/SCI/SSBI security clearance; US Citizenship
• Must be willing to share a rotated, on-call duty with other teammates.
• Operations or planning & scheduling experience.
• Experience using Windows, Matlab, STK, UNIX/LINUX platforms, PERL, SQL, Geotrim.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.