Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Sr in White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico
Description: This staff position is part of Mission Planning supporting the
Operations, Planning and Support (OP&S) team. This position
operates in a highly dynamic environment so the candidate is
expected to work within tight timelines with rapidly changing
priorities. This position is responsible for statistical data
collection, trending and analysis, performing feasibility studies
for customer-driven collection requirements, as well as analyzing
collection scenarios for engineering studies and making
recommendations for optimizing collection and production
strategies. The candidate must have exceptional customer
interface skills and possess the ability to work conflicting
requirements for resources in a timely fashion. The candidate
will develop new and/or update existing operational procedures
as well as develop briefs for the OP&S Team. The candidate will
also be responsible for documenting system discrepancy reports
for delivery to Ops.
The successful OP&S candidate will be required to:
• Develop and maintain engineering software such as tool
maintenance, query creation, and special data requests;
• Write engineering scripts to collect performance analysis and
• Respond to external and internal requests for tending,
analysis, and accountability to assess system performance;
• Support Engineering Study Requests (ESRs) as required;
• Provide support to test and operations to include testing and
evaluation of new software and system deliveries;
• Support Operations in problem investigation and workaround
• Collect performance analysis data to sustain and optimize the
• Organize and lead engineering projects in response to internal
and external initiatives and requests;
• Act as a liaison between operations and customer; Support
operational procedure development to include identifying
necessary cross-team procedural requirements;
• Guide the successful completion of major program milestones
and may function in a project leadership role;
• Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical
matters often requiring coordination between organizations;
• Provide informational/training briefings as requested/needed;
• Interface with daily operations briefings to determine system status;
• Monitor Planning functions;
• Analyze proposed changes to the operational system that
affect product quality;
• Write Discrepancy Reports (DRs), Memograms, and Scheduling
• Support Engineering Review Boards;
• May require occasional on-call support.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and
must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified
- 4 year college degree or combination of education and
- Highly motivated self-starter who demonstrates strong system
engineering, analytical, and problem solving skills independently
or in a team environment.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to
function in a multi-contractor environment.
- Requires a current TS/SCI/SSBI security clearance; US
Directly-related operations experience. Record of effectively interacting with senior external personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordination between organizations. Creative thinking and being willing to ask the "what if" questions to discern requirements and provide innovation within the Enterprise Scheduling environment. Established customer intimacy with current local GPOCs. Previous experience in Process Improvement methodologies is a plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.