Lockheed Martin Senior Electrical Engineer in Woodland, Washington
Description: Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts, in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Details:
• Designs and directs engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and determines methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products
• Develops applications of controls, instruments, and systems for new commercial or military aircraft applications
• Directs activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements
• Develops functional testing criteria, maintenance and functional hazard assessment reports for all electrical system designs
• Coordinates with customer contacts to determine project design requirements
• Researches and selects materials and components to meet design requirements
• Creates, organizes and releases complete drawing packages without assistance
• Supports manufacturing or building of prototype product or systems
• Supports experimental test programs
• Confers with personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design
• Determines feasibility of designing new or modifying existing equipment and/or products considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors
• Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range product engineering planning
• Directs and coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment
• Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
• Other duties may be assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities, but may act as “Lead” in functional area.
Desired Skills: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Experience with DO-160 testing, specifically EMI testing.
Experience with AC 43.13, Acceptable Methods Techniques and Practices – Aircraft Inspection and Repair.
Experience with PLC programming and troubleshooting.
Design - Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; and demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving: Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; and manages project team activities.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; and shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; and meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; and remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; and supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Change Management - Communicates changes effectively.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; and aligns work with strategic goals.
Organizational Support – Complies with company policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; and supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; and makes timely decisions.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; and develops realistic action plans.
Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; and works quickly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
Ability to use Engineering CAD software to model and draft electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, electrical components and block diagrams.
Experience with electrical wire harness design.
Ability to troubleshoot production issues with the use of standard electrical equipment such as: Multi-Meter, oscilloscope and power supply.
Experience with electrical loads analysis.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.